Are you tired of looking at misaligned teeth? You might have considered treatment to improve the look and health of your teeth but been turned off by the idea of conventional bracket-and-wire braces.
Clear Aligners are a system that will give patients beautiful, straight teeth without the discomfort and appearance of traditional braces.
Customised plastic trays, called aligners, are used to gently bring teeth into the correct alignment. The aligners are worn at night and throughout the day and are only removed for eating. They are practically invisible, and most people will never know that you are wearing them.
Clear Correct is available for both teenagers and adults. The average treatment plan lasts for about 12 months, but every plan is customised for the individual patient, so treatment may be longer or shorter. We will work with patients to create their own individual plan.
Why Clear Alingers?
Clear alingers have numerous advantages over traditional braces:
- Traditional braces require frequent appointments to tighten the wires and check the condition of the braces. With clear alingers, patients simply switch to the next set of aligners, which are created according to the order of treatment laid out by the patient and the dentist.
- Braces can leave permanent marks on the teeth from the brackets. Even with good oral hygiene habits, plaque can still gather around the brackets and cause damage to the enamel of the teeth.
- Clear allows patients to eat any foods they want without the restrictions on sticky or crunchy foods that are known for damaging the wires and brackets of traditional braces.
- The wires of traditional braces can poke at the mouth and cause pain and even injury.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Clear Alingers?
For patients who are concerned about crooked teeth, or a prominent overbite or underbite, clear alingers can treat these problems. It can also treat the following:
- Protruding teeth
- Wide gaps
- Unusual spacing
- Open bite
Caring for Clear Alingers:
Practising good oral hygiene habits while being treated with clear alingers is easy. Remove the aligners and brush and floss teeth as usual. Brush the aligner and rinse with warm water or use the clear alingers cleaning kit to keep aligners in good shape and free from bacteria.
Never use hot water to rinse or clean the aligners because the plastic could warp. If this happens, call our office immediately. You should also call our office if your aligner becomes cracked or is damaged in any other way. A cracked aligner can impede your progress.
It’s important for clear aligner wearers to brush their teeth after every meal, before they replace the aligners. If aligners are replaced without brushing, bacteria can become trapped against the teeth and the aligners can become stained and otherwise damaged.
Please contact our office to find out more information. We are happy to schedule a consultation appointment so you can find out whether clear aligners are a good option for you.
- Cleanings and Examinations
- Clear Aligners
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and Partials
- Emergency Dental Care
- Family Dentistry
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Periodontal Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Porcelain Veneers
- Root Canal Therapy
- Sedation Dentistry
- Sleep Apnoea and Snoring
- Smile Makeovers
- Teeth Whitening
- TMJ and Bruxism
- Tooth-Coloured Fillings